Sunday, May 15, 2011

How to Make a Candy Lei

Christopher is graduating from high school this year. He has a very small graduating class, so I decided to do something special for each of them for graduation day. Here are instruction on how to make a candy lei:

Supplies needed: Candy, plastic wrap, ribbon, and scissors. (Have I mentioned how I love simple crafts?)


Place candy in center of plastic wrap, about 2 inches apart, leaving 3-4 inches on each end. I put my candies face down, because the front will only have one layer of plastic, so you can see the candy better on the lei. I also specifically didn’t use any chocolate, because I was worried about it melting, but I’ve seen them with miniature candy bars and they look really cute.


Next, fold the top of the plastic down and fold the bottom plastic up. I went ahead and smooshed (technical term) the plastic wrap together between the candies, because it helped get rid of the air bubbles.


Tie curling ribbon (6-8 inches long) in between each of the candies. I used two colors, but you don’t have to, I just liked the look of black and silver for graduation. Make sure that the ribbons on each end of the candy lei are a little longer (about a foot), since that will give you enough to tie together when you’re done.


Then you just curl your ribbons and voila! Super cute and super easy. Now go make your kids some candy lei’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment